In addition to the conference administration mentioned in the previous section, with larger conferences there are additional sources of expertise to draw on to make the event a success.
- Audio visual technician. This person will often be employed in-house or with an external audio visual company. It’s preferable to liaise with the technician directly to ensure he or she understands what is required as far as presentations/PA equipment/recording etc is concerned as they will be present on the day.
- Exhibition suppliers
- Facilitators for group sessions
- Report writers
- Press officers or local press
- Specialist caterers in cases of specific conferences
As the event management company we would be the liaison point for all the above services.
- In addition, co-ordination of the following tasks would be necessary:
- Call for abstracts from people wishing to exhibit or present at the conference
- Organisation of exhibition displays to complement the conference
- Liaising with local press where necessary
- Liaison with speakers re their requirements
- Monitoring budget throughout including issuing invoices, tracking payments, chasing where necessary
- Collating post-conference evaluation reports and making presentations available on the website
- Regular meetings or conference calls with conference planning group now.